Publications from members of the Animal Behaviour Group …
Papers from recent years
- Salisbury J, Peters RA (2019). Non-random perch selection by cryptic lizards, Amphibolurus muricatus. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, 73:115
- Bian X, Chandler T, Pinilla A, Peters RA (2019). Now you see me, now you don’t: Environmental conditions, signaler behavior, receiver response thresholds interact to determine the efficacy of a movement-based animal signal. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution, 7, 130.
- Butler N, McDonald P, Peters R. (2018) No evidence of eavesdropping on heterospecific alarm calls in captive zebra finches. Journal of Avian Biology, 49, e01752
- Lubanga U, Peters RA, Steinbauer MJ. (2018) Convenience polyandry and the role of lone and reciprocal calls in the Drooping she-oak psyllid. Animal Behaviour, 145, 1-10.
- Bian X, Chandler T, Laird W, Pinilla A, Peters RA (2018) Integrating evolutionary biology with digital arts to quantify ecological constraints on vision-based behaviour. Methods in Ecology & Evolution 9, 544-559.
- Qi Y, Wu Y, Qiu X, Ramos JA, Peters RA, Qi Y (2018) Female-female aggression functions in mate defense in an Asian agamid. Animal Behaviour 135, 215-222.
- Bian X, Chandler T, Laird W, Pinilla A, Peters RA (2017) Integrating evolutionary biology with digital arts to quantify ecological constraints on vision-based behaviour. Methods in Ecology & Evolution
- Butler NE, Magrath RD, Peters RA (2017) Lack of alarm calls in a gregarious bird: models and videos of predators prompt alarm responses but no alarm calls by zebra finches Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology 71, 113
- Quirola DR, Mármol A, Torres-Carvajal O, Narváez AE, Ayala-Varela F, Moore IT (2017) Use of a rostral appendage during social interactions in the Ecuadorian Anolis proboscis. Journal of Natural History 51, 1625-1638.
- Amador L, Ayala-Varela F, Narváez AE, Cruz K, Torres-Carvajal O (2017). First record of the invasive brown anole, Anolis sagrei Duméril & Bibron , 1937 (Squamata: Iguanidae: Dactyloinae), in South America. Check List 13, 2083
- Ramos JA, Peters RA (2017) Motion-based signaling in sympatric species of Australian agamid lizards Journal of Comparative Physiology A 203, 661-671
- Ramos JA, Peters RA (2017) Habitat dependent variation in motion signal structure between allopatric populations of lizards. Animal Behaviour. 126, 69-78
- Ramos JA, Peters RA (2017) Quantifying ecological constraints on motion signalling. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution 5, 9
All papers grouped by focal species
Email email@example.com for PDF copies of these papers